Where are my Photos?

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Valuable Lesson - Don't be shy

2 weeks ago I went back to the farm I grew up on with my Dad and brother. We had a great time together reliving some fond old memories.

I took the 7D with me but of course I had family and the current owners of the property to consider as we are wandering around the 200 acre property - so time was limited for composition and planning.

I got a few satisfactory shots but none worthy of publishing to vitamirus.smugmug.com




My only regret for the day was not taking a shot of the old house which has been incorporated into the new homestead. I felt a bit self conscious asking about taking a photo inside someone else's home.

But the regret is real and I wish in hindsight I had taken the shot. It was a reminder to be bold and ask. People can say "no" but they usually don't. It was a god lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment