Where are my Photos?

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Rolled back Mac Book Pro from Lion to Snow Leopard

Yesterday I rolled back my old Mac Book Pro. (Model MacBookPro4,1 / 2.6Ghz / 4GB Ram / Intel Core 2 Duo)

I found Aperture 3 was running unacceptably slower so I bit the bullet and rolled back to Snow Leopard.

I have to say it was heaps easier than rebuilding a PC. I made sure my mac was fully backed up on my time capsule with time machine. (I sound like an Apple Advert - no affiliation) But I didn't restore any apps as I wanted a clean install. But I did restore user files and settings which made life easier.

The only hiccup (read scary bit) was my password wouldn't work but with the help of some online content here it was easily fixed.

Add a new back ground just to make it feel new and presto! all done.

I must say it took many hours of waiting - particularly the restore from the time capsule over wifi - but it was very straight forward.

Nice one Apple.

I miss some of the new Lion features such as iCloud photostream with Aperture but that's no biggie as my main online backup is with Smugmug http://vitamirus.smugmug.com


No comments:

Post a Comment